NYCfitfam’s Sweet Swolemate Heart Brownies
We heart these sweet swolemate brownies almost as much as we heart each other! Check out how to make these treats:
- 19 ounces of Garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup semi-sweet non-dairy chocolate chips
- 3 oz organic applesauce
- 2 oz chocolate protein powder
- 12 tablespoons egg whites
- ½ tsp, Baking Powder
- 1 scoop, Burt’s Bees Chocolate Plant Based Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your favorite muffin tin (we found this heart shaped mold and couldn’t pass it up!)
- In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans, applesauce, protein, and egg whites. Process until smooth. Add baking powder, pulse to blend.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave for approx. two (2) minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add melted chips to mixture. Transfer batter to muffin tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Swolemate (noun): Your life-long (gym) partner, the one you simply can't lift without!