A Thanksgiving Reveille Recipe from Robyn Hart
With Thanksgiving this week everyone is preparing for their holiday menu. Reveille camper, Robyn Hart sent us this pumpkin bread recipe that sounds delicious! We love anything pumpkin flavored this time of year and we're always looking for the perfect way to use this seasonal flavor in our everyday cooking!
"I teach Family and Consumer Science at Wayne Hills High School in Wayne. Lucky me!! For those of us as old as I am, you will remember this class being called Home Ec. My pumpkin bread recipe is a student favorite! I always make it around Halloween and my students always tell me that it is a family favorite on their Thanksgiving table at either breakfast, brunch or dinner."
Robyn's Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/4 Cups flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves OR allspice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients
- Stir together and pour into a greased and floured loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes.
Robyn is from Morris Plains NJ and came to camp in 2010, 2012, 2013.