Delicious Holiday Pudding
Nobody will know that this recipe took less than 1 hour to be put together. In fact, it requires no serious baking work. You can actually prepare it days ahead and simply microwave it once your guests arrive. The holidays are busy times, and we know that you would appreciate a quick and delicious recipe like this one.
This pudding is suitable for a busy lifestyle. Last minute shopping can be hectic, combine it with last minute shopping and you are looking at a disaster in the making. But don’t worry, this tasty recipe will save the day and be ready right by the time your guests are arriving. This is rather easy, and you can even ask your kids to help.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
4½oz self-rising flour
6 oz. unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
6 oz. soft light brown sugar
5oz white breadcrumbs
Juice of ½ orange and grated zest of 1
6½oz chopped plums
1½oz chopped prunes
3 tbsp. golden syrup
Optional: Custard to serve
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until fluffy and airy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and stir carefully. If the mixture separates, you can add a little flour for consistency.
- Add the rest of the flour, breadcrumbs, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the orange juice, zest, prunes and 2 thirds of the plums.
- Grease 6 pudding basins with some of the butter.
- Add half a spoon of golden syrup and some of the plums to each pudding basin.
- Pour the sponge mix and cover it with foil.
- Steam for 35 to 45 minutes until it is perfectly cooked.
- Turn them out and serve with custard.
You can prepare this easy and fun recipe any time you are having guests over. You can add raisins or nuts to the base to have different flavors. You can also pour a little brandy on top to flame your pudding once it is served. Although it is quite easy to prepare, it will definitely help you pull off that holiday party that everyone will talk about.