Joan's Favorite Salad
Today is National Eat Your Vegetables Day!
In honor of National Eat Your Vegetables Day, I want to share one of my favorite salad recipes.
I love my salads fresh, colorful and crunchy! So here are my favorite veggies (and some fruits) that make up my favorite go-to salad.
(amount = personal preference)
- Romaine lettuce – chopped
- Cucumber – sliced thin
- Red pepper & yellow pepper – sliced
- Mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- Baby carrots – sliced
- Oranges - peeled
- Avocado – sliced
- Salt & pepper - a sprinkle
- Balsamic vinaigrette - on the side
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix if preferred.
- Add dressing of your choice!
Tip: Leave the dressing on the side. Most people unknowingly go overboard when mixing in their salad dressing. By keeping the dressing on the side you will end up using a lot less, which will cut your calorie intake almost in half!
Categories: Food & Home, Joan's Blog, Nutrition, Recipes
comments powered by Disqus